2012 Pioneer Press Treasure Hunt Rules
- Treasure Hunt clues will be published in the Pioneer Press and on TwinCities.com beginning Sunday, January 22, 2012.
- A new clue will appear daily through Thursday, February 2, 2012, unless the medallion is found prior to that date. Read the daily clues to search for the Pioneer Press medallion hidden on public land in Ramsey County. The medallion will not be hidden on the State Capitol grounds, at Como Zoo & Conservatory, under any skating surface, on a golf course, under or on any artificial turf surface or at any construction site.
- If you find the Pioneer Press medallion, promptly return it to the Pioneer Press, 345 Cedar St., St. Paul, to qualify for the $2,500 initial cash prize. Win an additional $2,500 for bringing in all of the published daily clues, clipped or copied from the Pioneer Press or printed from TwinCities.com, and providing them along with the found medallion.
- The Pioneer Press also will award an additional $5,000 to the finder if he/she is a registered 2012 Winter Carnival Button owner and has mailed an official entry form postmarked by Friday, January 20, 2012, to the Winter Carnival office, or has registered online at http://www.winter-carnival.com by 11:59 p.m. on January 20.
- If the Pioneer Press Treasure Hunt medallion is not found by 11:59 p.m. Thursday, February 2, 2011, the Pioneer Press reserves the right to terminate the Hunt and donate the prize to a local charity.
- The Pioneer Press reserves the right to discontinue the Hunt at any time if public property is destroyed.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian to participate in the Hunt.
- The winner will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility and General Release form within 24 hours of notifying the paper that the medallion has been found. If the winner is under the age of 18, the Certificate must be signed by his or her parent or legal guardian. Non-compliance may result in disqualification. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All participants agree that the Pioneer Press, TwinCities.com, Fury Motors and their respective affiliate companies, parents, subsidiaries, advertising representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by participants for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prizes or participation in this contest.
- Except where legally prohibited, by accepting prize, winner grants permission for the Pioneer Press, its partners, and those acting under its authority to use his or her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity without compensation.
- No purchase is necessary to win. Photo copies or online printouts from TwinCities.com of the published clues will be accepted. All contest rules and decisions are final. Employees and immediate family members of the Pioneer Press, TwinCities.com, the St. Paul Festival and Heritage Foundation and all contest partners are not eligible.
- For a list of winners, write to: Pioneer Press Market Development, 345 Cedar St., St. Paul, MN 55101.
Copyright 2012 Pioneer Press.